Teeth whitening allows patients to have an efficient way to enhance their smile. Improved confidence and appearance is what often results from a successful teeth whitening session.
There are many different types of Teeth Whitening Procedures and each type holds benefits for each different type of dental patient in our dental office.
Teeth Whitening Systems:
- Whitening Toothpaste: Be sure to look for a brand of teeth whitening that works well with your tooth type and be aware of the abrasive properties of these types of treatments.
- Home Teeth Whitening Kit – Very popular among our patients, the home bleaching kits come with trays that are fitted to your mouth and come with instructions of how to use them properly.
- Bonding – This involves resin bonded to the teeth and can involve the tooth improving in shape. Resin will chip and stain over time and will require follow up visits to our office in order to maintain their effectiveness.
- Veneers – Porcelain Veneers are structures that are glued onto the teeth to improve the whiteness. They are capable of increasing the length and reshaping your tooth.
- Power Whitening – Using high tech procedures, this option is much faster than traditional whitening systems.
The majority of teeth whitener systems use peroxide as the main active ingredient. Peroxide will then allow for oxidation of the organic compounds that have caused the color change.