Dental Implants in Abbotsford from Your Dentist
Maybe you’d like to speak freely with confidence, flash a smile on a whim, or simply wrap up the day with an easy brush-and-floss routine instead of caring for a dental appliance? Whatever your reason for considering one or more dental implants (an artificial tooth root and crown replacement) or partial or full dentures, their benefits are extensive and long-lasting.
What are dental implants and how can they benefit me?
Did you know that 69% of North Americans between the ages 35-44 have had at least one tooth removed? Having a tooth extracted can lead to a variety of issues, including the shifting and rotating of nearby teeth. This can cause bite problems, painful chewing, and lead to self-confidence issues, as well.
Dental implants provide a reliable option for restoring the function of your natural teeth, and they are also able to secure dentures, eliminating irritation due to rubbing sores. They also eradicate clicking noises heard when you speak and are a great alternative to dental crowns & bridge treatments and dentures.
Procedure of Dental implants in Abbotsford:
- After examining your mouth visually and with x-rays, we’ll discuss your dental history, as well as your smile goals. We’ll work together to decide if an implant is best for you.
- If an implant is a viable option, we’ll arrange an appointment for our Abbotsford dentist to place the dental implant.
- After a predetermined time that will allow the artificial root to stabilize, the implant will begin to reinforce your jawbone and prevent future bone loss.
- Once healing is complete, a replacement tooth crown will be attached to the implant base.
What are dentures and are they right for me?
Partial Dentures – Also known as “removable dentures,” partial dentures are ideal for use in situations where one or more adjacent teeth are missing, or when teeth aren’t healthy enough to support a bridge. This device, which can be comprised of one or more artificial teeth, fits precisely in place and is often secured by clasps onto your natural teeth. These dentures are easily removed for cleaning after meals and at night.
Complete Dentures – Also known as “full” dentures, these are often used when all of a patient’s natural teeth are missing. They’re easily removed for cleaning since they’re held in place by suction.
Benefits of wearing dentures:
- Improved diet – Missing teeth can affect which foods you’re able to eat. Picture chewing nuts without the help of your molars or enjoying a crisp apple without your front teeth. Dentures help you eat your favourite foods again!
- Increased nutrition – Having the freedom to eat more with dentures in place means you’re your food selection is more varied, ensuring that you are more likely to consume a range of minerals, nutrients, fiber, vitamins, and more!
- Confidence in social settings – Patients who wear dentures experience a significant boost in their smile and social confidence.
- Restored facial structure – People who are missing teeth tend to have a face that appears more sunken. The use of dentures restores volume to the cheeks and promotes a more youthful look.
- Redistributed impact on teeth – Dentures help remaining natural teeth by distributing the pressure more evenly. This minimizes the chance that they’ll experience damage from overuse.
Which of these tooth replacement options are right for you?
Our goal at Lifetime Dental at Sevenoaks is to help you love your smile! Contact us to know more about dentures or dental implants in Abbotsford!
Contact Us About Full & Partial Dentures & Dental Implants in Abbotsford
- Replace missing teeth
- Improve speech clarity and smile confidence
- Meet your unique smile needs
- Prevent facial sagging caused by missing teeth
- Protect remaining teeth from overuse and damage.