Dear Patients of Lifetime Dental at SevenOaks
We Are Open & Providing All General Dentistry Care!
At Lifetime Dental at Sevenoaks here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe.
In the past few weeks, as mandated and recommended by our governing bodies (BCCDC, BCDA, WorksafeBC), we have limited our practice to emergency and urgent care, but now, upon the Provincial Health Officer’s PHASE 2 PLAN, we are very happy to announce that our doors are once again open to ALL DENTAL CARE INCLUDING elective / non-urgent (but important!) care.
As we reclaim as much of our “normal every-day life,” we know that Covid-19 is still at the forefront of everyone’s thoughts. We understand the stresses this may bring. Part of every-day life includes excellent oral hygiene – at home and at our practice. With the current pandemic, many of our patients’ recare schedules have fallen behind and it is now time to catch up. And here’s some vital information…
Your dental visits are an important part of staying healthy and we want you to know what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Along with our already-stringent equipment and treatment room sterilization protocols, we are committed to:
- Pre-screening patients for symptoms of illness via telephone & once again upon arrival (see below for the questions we’ll be asking).
- Rescheduling appointments if there is any risk to our patients, our team, or our community.
- Providing sanitary hand gel throughout our practice and plenty of soap and single-use towels.
- Routinely sterilizing all non-treatment areas including restrooms, waiting areas, and consultation rooms – just like we’ve always done. Rest assured that door handles will be sanitized after each use.
If you’re one of our patients who had their recare cancelled as a precautionary measure during the pandemic, hopefully we’ve reached you to reschedule. But if not, please call us now. We’ll fit you in at time that’s most convenient to you so that you can keep your treatment plan and your oral health on track!
In addition, we are also…
- wearing full PPE, i.e. masks (including N95), face shields, gloves, gowns, and caps ... but don’t worry ... you’ll still see our smiles in our eyes! Some practices are charging patients a PPE premium – we are NOT.
- not wearing street clothes in the practice
- not handling mobile phones in the practice.
- social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
Our Focus Is On Your Safety.
As SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes Covid-19) moves through our community, it brings so many life changes, questions, and new practices at home, at work, at school, and at the dental office.
We understand that the transition back from isolating and social distancing may be awkward and even scary at first. That’s why, in addition to safety, we’re focusing on two more areas to assist you in feeling more confident, comfortable, and safe at your next appointment.
- Communication – If you have any questions whatsoever about attending our practice, please ask! One of our team members will be happy talk with you, clearly & honestly.
- Treatment Plan Fulfilment – To ensure your most beautiful & healthy smile, it’s important that we continue to be proactive with your dental care, taking a preventive approach. We’ll be in touch to confirm your next appointment and look forward to seeing you! If you’ve missed your recall appointment while our practice was accepting emergencies only, please call now to reschedule.
We’re here to help you feel confident in receiving the dental care you want and need. Thank you for your trust and loyalty. It means so much to us!
What Is Patient Screening?
While the threat of SARS-CoV-2 infection remains in our community, we will be screening patients before appointments by asking recent-health questions. Screening will happen twice: over the phone when we confirm your date and time, and when you arrive at the practice. To remove any mystery or anxiety around screening, here’s what we’ll be asking...
- Have you felt hot or feverish in the last 14-21 days? Do you have a fever now?
- Do you have shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties?
- Do you have a cough, typical cold symptoms, hoarse voice, fatigue, or headache?
- Any flu-like symptoms like stomach/intestinal upset?
- Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
- And when you arrive at our practice, we’ll ask if we may take your temperature.
To keep everyone safe, if you answer yes to these questions, we’ll reschedule your appointment for when you are symptom-free.
We wanted to update you on some of the policies and safety measures in place. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- We are available Monday-Saturday, and we have 24/7 Emergency Services, just call 778-769-3969 after hours to reach our LIVE Dental Triage Service.
- We accept primary insurance plans and will assist patients with secondary claims for their reimbursement
- For every staff member, we regularly check for COVID-19 symptoms, including temperature checks, and mandate 14-day quarantine as needed.
- Upon arrival. we will provide you with 70% alcohol-based sanitizer for your use, that we ask you to use when you enter and leave the office.
- For our patients that do not arrive with their own facemask, we will also provide a complimentary LEVEL 2 mask to wear at all times when not being treated
- Plexiglas barriers (enhanced and elegant) between the patient seating area and the receptionist workstations to protect all parties, including staff and patients.
- Doors are kept open to minimize touchpoints and touching of surfaces by multiple people.
- We are implementing state of the art technology in the form of air sanitization through CleanLight Pro and CleanLight Air units stationed throughout the dental practice. These proprietary units utilize a combination of UV-C Light and air filtration that disinfects, ionizes, and purifies the surrounding air. It effectively DESTROYS all bacteria and viruses, INCLUDING THE COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS, by damaging the DNA structure of the microbes therefore preventing their reproduction and rendering them sterile and useless.
- You will see that our reception area no longer offers magazines that are difficult to disinfect after each use. We ask that you utilize your smart phone or tablet to manage your leisure time.
- Between patient visits, we clean, disinfect, and sterilize rooms, instruments, and all surfaces in our procedure rooms and operatories.
- And at least daily, we clean all floors, bathrooms, and high touch areas to ensure all areas are disinfected and fully sanitized.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- When coming for your appointment please make every effort to arrive at your scheduled time and ensure that you have utilized the restroom if needed.
- Increased disinfection of common areas including reception rooms and children`s play areas.
As your dentist, thank you for your understanding and for you trust and loyalty in our team.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and your family safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 604-409-4672 or visit our website at www.lifetimedental.ca
It will be great to hear from you and see your smile soon!